Friday, April 13, 2012

Light through glass















Ever been inspired?


I love the sound of water, birds in the spring, the breathing of a person I care about.
I love summer grass when it's a little too long, the bark on an old tree, a narrow root ridden path in the middle of the woods.

Ever just feel love like it's a blanket? It covers you and then you feel like everything is going to be okay... Even at 5am.. Even when nothing around you is perfect. I've been feeling very ill the past week or so.. After many amazing accomplishments. This tends to happen to me. Right now though I just feel like it all makes sense, in a muddy water kind of way. eerrrr?

Why am I up so late? Because I feel love and I needed to write about it. Love.. Even the hateful are surprised by it hitting them in the face. It's powerful. I need sleep but, what could be more important. I have to write about it now.

love as defined by Wikipedia;
Love is an emotion of a strong affection and personal attachment. love is also a virtue representing all of human kindness, compassion, and affection; and "the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another". Love may also be described as actions towards others or oneself based on compassion, or as actions towards others based on affection.

love as defined by the bible;

1 Corinthians 13
If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.


Can it be argued that love isn't the pinnacle of human emotion and quite possibly also the core of what it means to be human. Let it fill you up and flow through you. inspire you to do, not only for others but for yourself, beyond what is deserved or expected. Wake up to the gift of life and don't take it for granted. Stop looking at the world around you like it's a normal every day occurrence but a miracle that we can barely grasp. LOVE. Don't try to contain it, share it. Love contained is like a cure withheld. Don't love less but more. Love through smiles, hugs, hand shakes, gifts, listening, patience, kindness, goodness, forgiveness, being. These are ways of showing love. And if you're empty of love ask God for more. Try it.

I guess I was just inspired and needed to post this. To encourage. You can't love too much but you can always love too little.


It flows freely through birds who sing it

flowers who spring it

children who bring it

though hate can try, undone to make

unrest of soul, the heart won't break

through the birds

through flowers

through children

through the very air we breath

exhale is all it takes

through you it lives




2 comments:

  1. I'll lay in the long, summer grass with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet if you change your 5am reference to 4am it will get you more hits. I saw it on TED TALKS.

    ReplyDelete