Friday, July 29, 2011

Painting instead of fainting


Hi all,

I said I would be posting paintings, videos and poetry. Well I just finished a painting (read my post about finishing what we start). I took time on this one. When I was younger I would paint and my lack of patience meant I would always rush through them and they were never really as good as they could be. I guess that's a lesson through all areas of life. If we rush and don't take the time things need the picture will never be quite as clear. I am still learning but I am pretty happy with this one. It's acrylic which can be really hard to layer because it dries really fast. I do enjoy acrylic though because it has a thicker texture to it, unlike water color, and it washes off easy, unlike oil. I encourage anyone who has something they love to do, whether it be walking, talking, or singing, to do those things! They are LIFE giving and instilled in us for a reason. Our soul will become faint if we don't feed it with what it loves.

Let me know what you think about the painting and also what you love to do.

3 comments:

  1. Oleee! Seriously? I am floored. I am speechless. You just became one of my new heroes. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This painting is awesome! Maybe when I move to Fredericton I can hire you to do a painting for the new house!

    ReplyDelete